- Feedback on the course from the students and faculty members is obtained at the end of each semester through the in-house portal VTOP
- Additionally, feedback obtained from students on the course (as part of the indirect course outcome assessment), quality circle meetings and the outgoing student survey.
- Feedback from the other stake holders, viz. employer, alumni and parent is obtained once a year.
- From the employer, the feedback is obtained during the placement drives by the Office of Placement and Training and also by the faculty members when they visit the industries.
- Feedback from the alumni is obtained during the global alumni meet or during the meeting with the local chapters.
- Feedback is also obtained from these stake holders during their official visit to the Institution.
- These structured feedback forms are available in the VIT website
- In addition to these structured feedbacks, feedback on curriculum and course is obtained from the visiting faculty members and industry personnel, while visiting the Institution.
Analysis of the feedback obtained
- The structured feedback obtained from different stake holders are represented in a 5-point scale
- Areas of improvement (those metrics that receive feedback of 3.0 and below – in a 5-point scale) are identified by the respective departments.
- Due consideration is also given to the qualitative statements that are stated in these structured feedback forms
Utilisation of the feedback for curriculum / course development
- The analysed feedback is discussed in faculty meetings of the school
- All faculty members are involved in identifying the areas of improvement
- The Head of the Department chairs the initial discussion sessions with the faculty members
- The points of concern are then discussed in the Dean – Head of the Department meetings
- Suitable changes in the curriculum / course content are then made by the involvement of the Head of the Department (for curriculum) / course committee (Course)
- The proposed changes are then discussed at the Board of Studies meeting, involving faculty members (from different cadre), external experts from industry and academia
- After due deliberations, changes that will contribute to the quality of the curriculum and course are accepted and recommended by the Board of Studies
Stakeholder Feedback Analysis
Stakeholder Feedback Action Taken Report