Rules and Regulations
Open access system is followed in the Library
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Cell Phone to be switched off inside the Library.
- IPod, Audio and video Players, are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Bags, Big handbags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual wears are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Members are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the Library. However they are advised not to leave cell phones, purse, money, credit card and other valuables in the handbag outside the library. These items are liable to be lost.
- Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed and stamped books again inside the library.
- Books will be issued to the members only on RFID Check Out KIOSK.
- Books will be returned by the members only on RFID Drop KIOSK.
- If any book is lost or damaged/defaced beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the recent price and handling charges or as may be decided by the librarian.
- Books will be issued subject to availability only.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- Absence from the university will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Under special circumstances, the Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- The following conditions are to be followed for the renewal of books.
- More than one renewal will not be allowed.
- Renewal should be done through WebOPAC only
- Reminders will be circulated to individuals but consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed in the library notice board.
- The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his / her original or duplicate Library Member ID Card.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken out
- New books received will be on display for a week.
- The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc. from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the University.
- Library timings details of fine structure are displayed on the Library Notice Boards.
- Overnight issue is available for selected reference books
- Fine will be levied for removing the RFID Tag pasted in the book/s
The above rules are intended to regulate the use of Library resources and will be reviewed periodically to meet the Changing needs.
Any changes in the rules or instructions or information to members will be notified on the Library Notice Board as and when required.