Rules and Regulations
Open access system is followed in the Library
Wearing ID card is compulsory inside the library.
Bio-metric Entry and Exit is compulsory.
- Strict and absolute silence shall be observed in the Library.
- Speaking on mobile phones inside the library is strictly prohibited.
- Bags, Big handbags, Raincoat, Jerkin and Casual wears are strictly prohibited inside the library.
- Members are requested to keep their belongings at the entrance of the Library. However they are advised not to leave cell phones, purse, money, credit cards and other valuables in the handbag outside the library. These items are liable to be lost.
- Library users are strictly prohibited from taking the borrowed and stamped books again inside the library.
- If the due date falls on a holiday for the Library, the next working day will be considered as the due date.
- Books will not be issued to members on the ID card of others.
- If any book is lost or damaged beyond repair, the person responsible shall replace it with a new copy or pay double the cost of the recent price and handling charges or as may be decided by the librarian.
- Books will be issued subject to availability only.
- No sub-lending of books is permitted.
- Any kind of marking, underlining, clipping of books is absolutely forbidden. Readers shall be held responsible for any damage done to the book belonging to the Library and shall be required to replace such book or pay the value thereof.
- Absence from the university will not be allowed as an excuse for the delay in the return of books.
- Under special circumstances, the University Librarian may refuse the issue of books or recall the books already issued from any member without assigning any reason thereof.
- There is a facility of one online renewal through WEBOPAC.
- The Borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his / her original (or) duplicate ID Card.
- No reminders will be issued to individuals but consolidated list of defaulters will be displayed in the library notice board.
- New books and journals received will be on display for a week.
- The borrower will be responsible for any loss or non-return of any books issued against his / her original (or) duplicate ID Card.
- Reference books, Newspapers, Magazines, Journals should not be taken out.However overnight issue is available for selected reference books.
- The Library may accept donation of manuscripts, books, periodicals etc., from the donors. Such donations once accepted will become the absolute property of the University.
- Library timings and fine structure are displayed on the Library digital display Boards