School of Advanced Sciences (SAS) | Chemistry
The division organizes guest lectures of experts from reputed educational institutions, organizations and industries. The following is the list of recently conducted guest lectures for the students to assimilate the in-depth and cumulative knowledge of the experts on the topics specified in the curriculum
Details of Guest Lectures
Details of Guest Lectures in 2022
Details of Guest Lectures in 2021
Details of Guest Lectures in 2020
Details of Guest Lectures in 2019
Details of Guest Lectures in 2018
Details of Guest Lectures in 2017
Details of Guest Lectures in 2016
Details of Guest Lectures in 2015
Details of Guest Lectures in 2014
Details of Guest Lectures in 2013
Details of Guest Lectures in 2012
Details of Guest Lectures in 2010
|1||13-11-2020||Webinar on “Debye Huckel Theory and its applications”|
|Webinar on Organic and polymeric materials|
|International Webinar Series on “Rational Designing of Biosensors for Diagnostics”|
|4||29-06-2020||International webinar on Photocatalysis|
|5||24-06-2020||Webinar on “Transition Metal Oxide for Energy Conversion and Storage”|
|6||20-06-2020||Webinar on “Photofunctional Materials: Tuneable Properties Through Surface Anchoring”|
|7||15-06-2020||Webinar on “Photovoltaic performance of phthalocyanine-reduced graphene oxide based organic heterojunction”|
|8||10/6/2020||International Webinar on “Enhancing the photocatalytic activity of pyrochlore oxides by band engineering”|
|9||6/6/2020||Webinar on “Quantum Mechanical Picture of Periodic Table”|
|Webinar series on “Nanomaterials for Energy and High Temperature Applications”|
- Dr. G. Santosh delivered an invited lecture “Energy conservation for our sustainable future” at VIT Chennai to mark the National energy conservation day organised by VNEST, VIT Chennai on 14-12-2022
- Dr. Kiran Kumar Tadi delivered an expert lecture in a faculty development programme on “Materials for Energy and Biomedical Applications” organized by GMR Institute of Technology, Rajam, Andhra Pradesh, on 4-6-2021
- Principles of Natural Products Extraction and Characterization by Dr. Saravanakumar at PG & Research Department of Chemistry, Government Arts College, Ariyalur, on 5th March 2020.
- Revisiting Natural Products as an Option for Treating SARS-CoV-2 by Dr. Saravanakumar, at PG & Research Department of Chemistry, Government Arts College, Ariyalur, on 27th July 2020.
- Clay Hybrid Materials: From Processing to Applications by Dr. Tanushree Choudhury at BIT’s 3rd World Annual Congress on Advanced Materials, Chongquing, China, June 5-8, 2014.
- Dr. Tanushree Choudhury was an invited panelist to India’s largest Employability Talk Series Show conducted by Data Trained on the theme ‘Roadmapping The Future Of Work’, July 4th, 2021, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sWaT31YQOdw
- Hypervalent Iodine Reagents for Green Chemistry by Fateh V Singh in workshop on “Green Chemistry Technologies in Laboratories” (GCTL-2020) organized by DM College and Research Centre, Assagao, Goa, India on 9-10th January 2020.
- Ring Transformation Reactions of 2H-pyran-2-ones with Carbon and Nitrogen Nucleophiles by Fateh V Singh in National Conference on “Frontiers in Medicinal Chemistry and Nanotechnology” (NCFMCN-2020) organized by DM College and Research Centre, Assagao, Goa, India on 9-10th January 2020.
- Ring Transformation Reactions of 2H-pyran-2-ones with different Nucleophiles by Fateh V Singh in SSV College, Hapur on 29th February 2020.
- Hypervalent Iodine Reagents for Oxidative Cyclization Reactions by Fateh V Singh in Virtual Conference on Drug Discovery: Paradigm Shift to Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning Organized by Chem Bio Nexus Solutions, Goa and Royal Society of Chemistry (UK) and Cresset (UK) on 4th and 5th October 2020.
- Hypervalent Iodine Reagents for Oxidative Cyclization Reactions by Fateh V Singh in 6th international Conference on Chemical and Environrnental Research(ICCER-2020) organized by PG & Research Department of Chemistry of Jamal Mohamed College, Tiruchirappalli, Tamilnadu, India on 12-13th November 2020.
- Ring Transformation Reactions of 2H-pyran-2-ones with Carbon and Nitrogen Nucleophiles by Fateh V Singh (Inauguration and Keynote Address) in National Webinar on Frontiers in Chemical Sciences and Career Orientation organized by Sree Sankara College, Kaladi, Kerala on 17-19th March, 2021.
- Ring Transformation Reactions of a-Pyranones with different Nucleophiles by Dr Fateh V Singh in International Conference (Virtual) on Recent Advancements in Chemical Sciences 2021 [ICRACS-2021] organized by at J C Bose University, YMCA, Faridabad, Haryana, on 14-16th July 2021.
- Thermoelectric Material – Europium Orthoferrite by Dr. S. Mahalakshmi in Virtual Global Conference on ‘Advances in Polymer Science and Nanotechnology’ on May 27-28, 2021.
- Gel Permeation Chromatography – ‘A Versatile Tool for Research in Polymer Chemistry’ by Dr. K. Rajendra Kumar in the Five day virtual workshop on ‘Analytical Instrumentation’ organized by Department of Chemistry, B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology between 5th and 7th July 2020.
- Principles of Natural Product Extraction and Characterization by Dr. R. Saravanakumar on 5-3-2020 at PG & Research Department of Chemistry, Govt. Arts College, Ariyalur -621713.
- Hybrid Functional Nanomaterials for Advanced Sensing and Electrocatalysis by Kiran Kumar Tadi at Indian Rubber Manufacturers Research Association, Mumbai on 24-01-2020.
- Deposition of nano structured thin films using Plasma Assisted Chemical Vapor Deposition technique, Mr. S. Raj Bharath and S. Arockiasamy, International Scientific Seminar – India-UK (Royal Society (UK) – DST (India), Nanomaterials and Devices for Energy and Environment, 16-18 December 2013, at Loyola College, Chennai-34, India.
- Nanostructured thin films by CVD for energy applications, Mr. Raj Bharath and S. Arockiasamy,International Scientific Seminar – India-UK (Royal Society (UK) – DST (India) ,“3-day International India-UK scientific seminar on Nanomaterials for Clean Water and Clean Energy” from February 9 -11, 2015,held at VIT Chennai.
- Thermal Analysis of Inorganic complexes and evaluation of thermodynamic parameters on 23rd, July 2016 in TEQIP-II sponsored Faculty Development Program on Recent Advancement in Materials (FD-RAM”16) organized by Department of Physics, Anna University-BIT campus, Tiruchirapalli.
- Ring Transformation Reactions of 2H-pyran-2-ones with Carbon and Nitrogen Nucleophiles by Dr. Fateh Veer Singh in National Conference on Frontiers in Medicinal Chemistry and Nanotechnology (NCFMCN-2020) at DM College and Research Centre, Assagao, Goa, India on 14-15th February 2020.
- Hypervalent Iodine Reagents for Oxidative Cyclization Reactions by Dr. Fateh Veer Singh Advances in Material Science, (ICAMS 2018) at Sree Sankara College, Kalady, Ernakulam, Kerala, India on 24th and 25th October 2018.
- Hypervalent Iodine Reagents for Oxidative Cyclizations by Dr. Fateh Veer Singh in Chemical Sciences and Nanomaterials (ICCSN-2019) at VIT Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India on 7-9th October 2018.
- Nanomaterials by Dr. S. Mahalakshmi (keynote Speaker) in International Conference on Newer Concepts and Technology- 2K17 at K.Ramakrishnan College of Technology, Trichy on 29.03.2017.
- Site Engineered multiferroic BFO by Dr. S. Mahalakshmi (keynote speaker) in ICNAN’19 (International Conference on Nano science and Nano Technology) at VIT Vellore on 1.12.2019.
- Effect of stirring rotation on Ag nanofluid synthesis and their stabilization in presence of citrate capping by Dr. Jayanta Parui at 5th International Conference on Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites (5th ICNN 2018) Special emphasis on health, energy and environment, VIT Chennai, India, on 8-2-2018.
Dr. Tanushree Choudhry chaired a session for one of the sessions at 16th International Clay Conference, Granada, Spain from 17th July to 23rd July 2017.
Bharat Vidya Rattan Award, on excellence in education: Dr.Tanushree Choudhry – International Business Council, New Delhi, 2017
Best Poster Award: Dr. JayantaParui – CEMAT 2016, Conference on Emerging Materials, IISc, MRSI, India.
1. Dr. Rajendra Kumar is a member in Syllabus framing committee for State board Higher Secondary chemistry course.
2. Dr. R. Saravanakumar is a member of BoS of VIT Bhopal.