School of Advanced Sciences (SAS) | Chemistry
The division organizes guest lectures of experts from reputed educational institutions, organizations and industries. The following is the list of recently conducted guest lectures for the students to assimilate the in-depth and cumulative knowledge of the experts on the topics specified in the curriculum
1. Gel Permeation Chromatography – ‘A Versatile Tool for Research in Polymer Chemistry’ by Dr. K. Rajendra Kumar in the Five day virtual workshop on ‘Analytical Instrumentation’ organized by Department of Chemistry, B.S. Abdur Rahman Crescent Institute of Science and Technology between 5th and 7th July 2020.
2. Principles of Natural Product Extraction and Characterization by Dr. R. Saravanakumar on 5-3-2020 at PG & Research Department of Chemistry, Govt. Arts College, Ariyalur -621713.
3. Hybrid Functional Nanomaterials for Advanced Sensing and Electrocatalysis by Kiran Kumar Tadi at Indian Rubber Manufacturers Research Association, Mumbai on 24-01-2020.
4. Deposition of nano structured thin films using Plasma Assisted Chemical Vapor Deposition technique, Mr. S. Raj Bharath and S. Arockiasamy, International Scientific Seminar – India-UK (Royal Society (UK) – DST (India), Nanomaterials and Devices for Energy and Environment, 16-18 December 2013, at Loyola College, Chennai-34, India.
5. Nanostructured thin films by CVD for energy applications, Mr. Raj Bharath and S. Arockiasamy,International Scientific Seminar – India-UK (Royal Society (UK) – DST (India) ,“3-day International India-UK scientific seminar on Nanomaterials for Clean Water and Clean Energy” from February 9 -11, 2015,held at VIT Chennai.
6. Thermal Analysis of Inorganic complexes and evaluation of thermodynamic parameters on 23rd, July 2016 in TEQIP-II sponsored Faculty Development Program on Recent Advancement in Materials (FD-RAM”16) organized by Department of Physics, Anna University-BIT campus, Tiruchirapalli.
7. Ring Transformation Reactions of 2H-pyran-2-ones with Carbon and Nitrogen Nucleophiles by Dr. Fateh Veer Singh in National Conference on Frontiers in Medicinal Chemistry and Nanotechnology (NCFMCN-2020) at DM College and Research Centre, Assagao, Goa, India on 14-15th February 2020.
8. Hypervalent Iodine Reagents for Oxidative Cyclization Reactions by Dr. Fateh Veer Singh Advances in Material Science, (ICAMS 2018) at Sree Sankara College, Kalady, Ernakulam, Kerala, India on 24th and 25th October 2018.
9. Hypervalent Iodine Reagents for Oxidative Cyclizations by Dr. Fateh Veer Singh in Chemical Sciences and Nanomaterials (ICCSN-2019) at VIT Vellore, Tamil Nadu, India on 7-9th October 2018.
10. Nanomaterials by Dr. S. Mahalakshmi (keynote Speaker) in International Conference on Newer Concepts and Technology- 2K17 at K.Ramakrishnan College of Technology, Trichy on 29.03.2017.
11. Site Engineered multiferroic BFO by Dr. S. Mahalakshmi (keynote speaker) in ICNAN’19 (International Conference on Nano science and Nano Technology) at VIT Vellore on 1.12.2019.
12. Effect of stirring rotation on Ag nanofluid synthesis and their stabilization in presence of citrate capping by Dr. Jayanta Parui at 5th International Conference on Nanomaterials and Nanocomposites (5th ICNN 2018) Special emphasis on health, energy and environment, VIT Chennai, India, on 8-2-2018.
Dr. Tanushree Choudhry chaired a session for one of the sessions at 16th International Clay Conference, Granada, Spain from 17th July to 23rd July 2017.
Bharat Vidya Rattan Award, on excellence in education: Dr.Tanushree Choudhry – International Business Council, New Delhi, 2017
Best Poster Award: Dr. JayantaParui – CEMAT 2016, Conference on Emerging Materials, IISc, MRSI, India.
1. Dr. Rajendra Kumar is a member in Syllabus framing committee for State board Higher Secondary chemistry course.
2. Dr. R. Saravanakumar is a member of BoS of VIT Bhopal.