School of Computer Science and Engineering (SCOPE)
History of computing discipline at VIT Chennai dates back to 2010, when the School of Computer Science & Engineering was established to meet the demand for well-qualified computer professionals. Fast forward to today, and VIT is known to be one of the best colleges for computer engineering in Chennai.
The mission of the School is to strive persistently for achieving excellence in computing disciplines. It is being pursued through its spectrum of academic programs in computing of contemporary standards. As one of the best engineering colleges for computer science, our main aim is to produce computing graduates with potential, to design and develop systems involving the integration of software and hardware devices, employ innovative approaches in programming and problem solving and solving problems. The aim is also to create Large Scale Software Systems and build data/computing infrastructure for an organization.
With an aim to carve a niche for itself in Computer Science and allied domains, the School strives to:
- Produce graduates thoroughly acquainted with the principles of modern Computing Science who are able to apply the principles in the design and construction of reliable systems.
- To equip students with the fundamental understanding and practical skills needed by the potential organizers of a demanding profession.
- Provide cost-effective Information and Communication Technology (ICT)-based solutions and value-added services to a variety of organizations and meet the expectations of stakeholders
- Foster a learning and creative community that strives to continuously advance the frontiers of knowledge and promote the deployment and usage of ICT-based applications for the betterment of society.
The School offers PhD research programs. Practical skills must also be developed and the majority of the subjects are linked with project-based learning which bridges theory and practices including a wide variety of hardware and software technology and their applications.
As one of the best colleges for computer engineering in Chennai, the School has one of the best infrastructures including domain-specific labs associated with the above technical divisions- many of these labs are sponsored by industry leaders e.g. IBM, Cisco, Sun Microsystems and Red Hat. The School has a good record of organizing guest lectures, seminars, workshops and conferences in emerging technological areas. Various Industrial visits organized by the School gives the vision of Industry atmosphere to the student. All these facilities and features have cemented VIT’s stature among Chennai’s finest and best engineering colleges for computer science.
In developing the core competence in the respective subject matter specialization includes:
- Theoretical Computer Science
- Data Analytics
- Software Engineering
- Cyber-Physical Systems
- Artificial Intelligence
- Network and Security
- Imaging and Computer Vision