B.Tech Electronics and Communication Engineering
Students are exposed to the Industrial environment through various means like Inplant training, Internships, Industrial visits etc. This will enable them to understand the current trends existing in the industry and to develop related skills required to meet those challenges.
To get better Industrial exposure, all students should undergo four weeks of inplant training in a reputed industry in their respective branch. This training will be accounted as a two credit course in their University core. It can be availed in a single spell of four weeks or in two spells of two weeks duration each. During the course of training, the student is expected to maintain a log of their activity and learning. At the end of the training, a report along with a completion certificate from the industry where he/she had received the training is to be submitted to the training coordinator of his/her programme for evaluation. Based on entries made in the activity log, the inplant training report and performance of the student during the related viva voce examination, the training coordinator may award a performance grade to the students. Samples of student representation in different industries are given below:
- Ms. Manjukonda Sai Tejaswi has undergone an inplant training at Bharat Heavy Electricals Limited.
- Mr. D.V. Shiva Krishna has undergone an inplant training at Electronics Corporation of India Limited.
Students are given an internship opportunity to carry out their final semester project in reputed government and private companies. Samples of student representation in different internships are given below:
- Mr. Avinash Chakravarthi carried out his final semester project titled ‘Interoperability between Wi-Fi and Bluetooth’ at Intel, Bangalore.
- Ms. Sonika Obheroi carried out her final semester project titled ‘Design and Analysis of Intelligence, Surveillance and Reconnaissance (ISR) Systems for Maritime security’ at Indian Coast Guard Air Station-Chennai.
- Mr. Saurabh Agarwal carried out his final semester project titled ‘Age and Gender Detection from frontal face’ at MAD Street Den Systems Pvt Limited.
- Mr. Rishabh Kandpal carried out his final semester project titled ‘Radio Station Tracker’ at KEC International Ltd.
- Mr. Samarth Kapur carried out his final semester project titled ‘Application of WSN and Cyber Physical Systems’ at Eigen Technologies Pvt Limited.