B.Tech Electronics and Computer Engineering
- A team comprising of Dwij & Mehul have won the first prize in national IoT challenge 2018 held at IIT Bombay. The title of their project is ‘TrackPAD’. The device helps in detecting the early signs of diseases like ‘P’ Parkinsons, ‘A’ Alzheiemers & ‘D’ Dementia using gait analysis to find the walking abnormalities that are a healthy indicator for the onset of these diseases. The competition saw a participation of 800 teams from all over India out of which 50 teams were selected for the finale.
- Sundar Anand, Priyanka Mathikshara, Annie Johnson were guided by Prof Karthik R were invited to present their research paper titled “Low Power Real Time GPS Tracking Enabled with RTOS and Serverless Architecture” at the 4 th International Conference on Computer and Communication Systems (ICCCS) held from February 23-25, 2019, NTU @one-north, Singapore.
- Ms. Priyanka Mathikshara was selected to attend the Summer Semester at Stanford University during Summer 2018. She did the courses ‘Probability for Computer Scientists – CS109’ by Prof. Lisa Yan and ‘Data Mining and Analysis – STATS 202’ by Prof. Rajan Patel (Google). During her stay there she was selected for an internship at the all famous NASA Ames Research Centre at Palo Alto. She worked for an open-source satellite team called ‘Kick Sat – 2’ as the team lead for GPS.
- Mayur Sonthalia was awarded with full travel grant to represent the VIT Chennai Optical Society of America Student Chapter in the Student Leadership Conference 2018, at Washington D.C, USA. Student Leadership Conference was sponsored by Optical Society of America along with the American Physical Society. It is a worldwide annual conference organised to develop skills in student representatives participating. This conference is an ideal platform for student representative to get the exposure of what it takes to be an influential leader and it is an integrated part of Optical Society of America which whole heartedly organise this conference
- Harshitha received Best Paper award at ICATEM -2019 held at Management Development Institute of Singapore, organised by Taylor’s School of Engineering, Malaysia, for her paper titled ‘An automated CPR’.
- Soham Sengupta is the winner of Moja networks, WiFi Think Fest for his idea on linking Voter Id to Aadhaar UID.