Amidst the numerous programs offered at VIT, some cater to the research domain as well, namely, Ph.D and Integrated Ph.D. Students have a wide of variety of choices ranging from Nanoelectronics, Disaster management, HR, Finance to Cancer biology, Structural Engineering and several Languages.
The university offers the following research programs.
RESEARCH PROGRAMMES OFFERED IN VIT AT VARIOUS CAMPUSES & SCHOOLS
1. PhD. Programmes – To know more details
2. Direct PhD. Programmes – To know more details
- VIT-Vellore campus only Internal Full Time [IFT] category is offered.
- VIT-Chennai campus Internal Full Time [IFT] category is offered and Internal Part Time [IPT is offered only for VIT faculty members].
Selection based on the performance in the VITREE score, PG Degree marks, Research proposal and Personal Interview. Candidates, who fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed, shall appear for VITREE, a Computer Based Test for 2 hours at their test venue of choice. Change of Venue Campus, date of Interview or program will not be permitted. The question paper will have 100 MCQs (Technical – 70 questions; English communication skills – 15 questions; Statistics and probability – 15 questions).
The shortlisted candidates should appear for a personal interview and the selected will be intimated.
Selection based on the performance in the VITREE score, B.E. / B.Tech. Degree marks, Research proposal and Personal Interview. Candidates, who fulfil the eligibility criteria prescribed, shall appear for VITREE 2023, a Computer Based Test for 2 hours at their test venue of choice. Change of Venue Campus, date of Interview or program will not be permitted. The question paper will have 100 MCQs (Technical – 80 questions; English communication skills – 20 questions).
The shortlisted candidates should appear for a personal interview and the selected candidates will be intimated.
|Programme||Caution Deposit||Tuition Fee per Annum||Thesis Fee *|
|Ph.D. Internal Full Time||3,000 INR||40,000 INR||10,000 INR|
|Direct Ph.D.||3,000 INR||40,000 INR||10,000 INR|
IMPORTANT DATES (TENTATIVE)
|Issue of Online Application||27th January 2023 (Friday)|
|Last Date for Submission of Application||31st March 2023 (Friday)|
|Date of VITREE through Computer Based Test||16th April 2023 (Sunday) & 23rd April 2023 (Sunday)|
|Personal Interview (Online Mode)||13th & 14th May 2023 (Saturday & Sunday)|
|Declaration of Results||30th May 2023 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Selecting a Guide||20th June 2023 (Tuesday)|
|Last Date for Paying Online Fees||30th June 2023 (Friday)|
|Commencement of Classes||17th July 2023 (Monday)|
DOCUMENTS TO BE SUBMITTED
The following documents are required to be submitted at the time of reporting:
- Tuition fee payment receipt
- Marks List – X & HSC /+2
- UG and PG (Degree / Provisional Certificate and Mark sheets -Year wise / Semester wise or Consolidated Marks sheet).
- Transfer Certificate/Migration Certificate/ College Leaving Certificate (Original)
- Nativity certificate for North-eastern States of India.
- Student Profile
- Certificate of Physical Fitness format available in URL https://vit.ac.in/files/admissions/PhysicalFitness_Certificate.pdf (Original)
- COVID-19 Vaccination certificates First and Second dose
- Affidavit by parent format available in URL https://vit.ac.in/files/admissions/Affidavit_Parent.pdf (Original)
- Affidavit by Student format available in URL https://vit.ac.in/files/admissions/Affidavit_Student.pdf (Original)
- Undertaking in the enclosed format URL https://vit.ac.in/sites/default/files/Undertaking.pdf (Original)
- Passport size photo colour recently taken – 6 Nos.
VITREE - INFORMATION BROCHURE
VITREE - SYLLABUS
RESEARCH PROPOSAL TEMPLATE
TEMPLATE FOR TWO PAGE RESEARCH PROPOSAL
VIT Chennai Campus,
Vandalur – Kelambakkam Road,
Tamil Nadu, India.
Call : +91 44 3993 1003
Email : email@example.com