Dr. Manali Karmakar
PhD: IIT Guwahati
Research Area: Medical Humanities (Mental Health and Disability Studies, and Posthumanism) English Language Teaching and Materials Production
|Salutation (Prof./ Dr.)||Dr.|
|School/Centre||School of Social Sciences and Languages|
|Educational details (Please mention all the degrees with latest first)|
|Degree||Passed out year||Specialization||Institute/University/ College|
|PhD||2019||Medical Humanities||Indian Institute of Technology, Guwahati|
|M.Phil||2013||English Language Education||The English and Foreign Languages University, Hyderabad|
|Areas of Specialization||Medical Humanities (Literature and Medicine, and Posthuman Studies) English Language Teaching (Materials Production and Language Learning)|
|Google Scholar ID||https://scholar.google.com/citations?user=HhkAgKwAAAAJ&hl=en|
|Ongoing Funded Project Details|
|Ongoing Funded Project Title||Labour, Birth, and Agentic Crises in Maternity Ward in the Urban Setting: Pluralistic Qualitative Mixed Method Research.|
|Funding Agency- SPORIC SEED GRANT (Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai)|
|Amount- 2 Lakhs|
|Duration- 12 Months|
|Awards & Recognition Details (only national and international awards and recognitions)|
|Name of the award, awarding agency, year of award|
|1. Best Oral Presenter Award– “First International Conference on Technologies, Sustainable Development Goals and Academia 2022 (ICTSGA-1).” July 1-2, 2022.|
|2. Guest Lecture Delivered at Mar Ivanios College. Title of the Talk, “Medical Humanities: Examining the Altered Possibilities Through the Lenses of Fictional Experientialities”. 8th July 2022.|
3. Guest Lecture Delivered at Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai in Faculty Development Programme. Title of the Talk, “Neuroqueer: Examination of Atypical Phenomenon Through The Lenses Of Literary Studies”. May 26th and 27th, 2022.
4. Guest Lecture Delivered at Indian Institute of Science Education and Research Mohali. Title of the Talk, “What does it mean to be a Human? Biocapitalism and Disposable Lives in Fictional Narratives?” 21 February 2022.
5. Invited Talk at British Society of Literature and Science “Infertility and Magical Progeny in Indian Mythological Fiction.” 20th November 2021.
6. Plenary Talk at Elysian’22 Annual National Students’ Seminar Department of English, Cotton University, Guwahati on Disease, Health and Humanscape in Literature, Mass Culture and Beyond. Title of the Talk, “Illness Narratives: Unveiling the Experientialities of Bodies Subjected to Biomedical Intervention.” March 11th and 12th 2022.
7. Guest Lecture– “Recent Trends in Medical Humanities.” ONLINE RC IN HUMANITIES at UGC, HRDC, Osmania University. Date- 18th November 2021.
8. Guest Lecture Delivered-“What it means to be a Human? Rethinking Care Ethics.” Vellore Institute of Technology, Chennai. Date- 17th November 2021.
9. Guest Lecture Delivered -“Language Pragmatics in the Context of English as a Second Language.” One-Day Workshop organized by the School of Humanities and Languages, Department of English. The Central University of Karnataka. Date: 8th September 2021.
10. Guest Lecture Delivered -“Virtual Training on English Language Communication.” Organized by IQAC, Karnataka Science College, Dharwad. Date: 12th -13th May 2021.
11. Guest Lecture Delivered -Academic Writing Course.” Organized by Skillskapes Private Limited. Date: 18th – 19th February 2021.