Dr. Vijayalakshmi V
PhD: Pondicherry Central University
Research Area: Gender Studies, Women and Health, Transgender studies, Psycho Social Development
|Salutation (Prof./ Dr.)||Dr.|
|School/Centre||School of Social Sciences and Languages|
|Educational details (Please mention all the degrees with latest first)|
|Degree||Passed out year||Specialization||Institute/University/ College|
|PhD||2012||Sociology||Pondicherry Central University|
|Pondicherry Central University|
|Areas of Specialization||Women Empowerment, Gender Studies, Rural Development, Youth studies and Sociology of Health|
|Completed Consultancy Project Details|
|Completed Consultancy Project Title||1|
|Completed Funded Project Details|
|Completed Funded Project Title||Evaluation Project on Pichandikulam Bio Resource Centre’s “Integrated Village Rural Development in Nadukuppam Village” at Marakanam in Tamil Nadu|
|QUAKER SERVICE AUSTRALIA LIMITED|
|Amount – 2 Lakhs|
|Duration – 20 Days|
|Book / Book Chapter Published Details|
|Associate Editor and a Chapter on Self Help Groups and Women Empowerment in the book “Women Empowerment – Issues and Challenges”||Ryan Publisher||2021|
|“Status of Irula Women And Children During The Pandemic”, in the book |
Pandemic Fruition: The Animus and the Conviction
|Spectacular social entrepreneurs of Rural India in the book Micro finance and Women Enterpreneurship||B Digest Publications||2012|
“A Comparative Study Between The SHG & Non-SHG Women Members On The Health Status & Decision Making”, in the book Social Problems in India
|“Self Help Groups: A Catalyst for Social – Financial Inclusion in Rural India in||MacMillan Publishers||2011|
|Health Status of Elderly in Old age Homes||Rawat Publications||2011|
|Awards & Recognition Details(only national and international awards and recognitions)|
|Name of the award, awarding agency, year of award|
|· Gold Medalist in Post-graduation in MA Sociology from Pondicherry University.|
|1. Resource Person – POSH – Code of Ethics in the faculty induction program (FIP) 2022 at VIT, Chennai on 27 June 2022|
2. Resource Person in the faculty induction programme on the topic Multi Cultural Students and Case Study of Student’s Behaviour at VIT, Chennai, 16 June 2022.
3. Session Speaker in the International Virtual Seminar on Recent Research Trends in Language and Literature organized by VIT, Chennai, 27 May 2022.
4. Guest Lecture Delivered at Madras University. Title of the Talk, “Sociology – Career opportunities” in the Inservice Teacher Training Programme for University and College Teachers. 13th April 2022.
5. Resource Person for POSH “Sexual Harassment of Women at Workplace (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013” to all VIT faculty members from 20-24 December 2022.
6. Session Speaker in the International Virtual Seminar on Recent Research Trends in Language and Literature organized by VIT, Chennai, 27 May 2022.
7. Delivered Webinar on Life Skills and Personality Development, VET Institute of Arts and Science, Erode, 3 September 2021.
8. Resource Person for the One Day National Seminar on Impact of Covid-19 Pandemic on Migrant Workers in India, to be held on 16th March 2021
9. Delivered a guest lecture to the D.G.Vaishnava College, Chennai addressed Sociology graduate students
10. Delivered a guest lecture on Social Bindings of Doctor Patient Relationship in Saveetha Medical University for MBBS Students
|Editorial Experience (if any)||Associate Editor for a book on Women Empowerment, Issues and Challenges, Ryan Publichers, Trichy.|