The Advantages Of Choosing Private Engineering Colleges In Chennai
Over the years, India has become an assembly line for competent engineers from all kinds of specializations. As the popular saying goes, engineering and medicine are still the top-tier careers picks among youngsters in the country. Even within the field of engineering, alliances shift every year, based on the rankings of the various universities and colleges. Put simply, it’s the rat race of the Indian academic world. Under that analogy, private engineering colleges in Chennai (and India, by extension) are the big leagues. Why do they matter to aspiring college students? Let’s take a deep dive.
The Private Club
Though it might seem fairly evident, let’s go over what a private engineering college is, exactly. From a managerial perspective, private engineering institutions are self-contained, so to speak. Their operations and affiliations rest within themselves, and they are owned by private organizations.
At face value, it doesn’t sound like there’s much of a difference between public and private engineering colleges in Chennai and beyond. To be fair, it doesn’t make that much of a difference in an institution’s day today. From the student’s point of view, their duties are the same at either engineering college. Study hard, play hard and ace the degree and move on in their careers. What sets private engineering colleges apart, then?
– The curriculum
– The infrastructure
– The scope
– Best placement for engineering
In the grand scheme of things, these will just seem like quality of life improvements in an engineering college. However, they actually influence the perception (and overall quality) of the college’s education standard. There’s a solid reason behind most aspiring engineers making a beeline for private engineering institutions of late, and it’s a trend that’s on the uptick.
The Bright SideLet’s shift our focus to Chennai for a moment. The best private engineering colleges in Chennai all exhibit a common pattern in their marketing strategy. They all showcase their premium features. All of them advertise a higher standard of education across the board. Ultimately, this turns out to be their biggest pull factor for aspiring engineers. But is it a valid claim?
Absolutely. In fact, many private engineering institutions (ours included) feature in the Top 20 colleges under the NIRF rankings. It’s not just a one-off thing, either. In recent times, private engineering education has almost risen on par to that of the IIT’s leagues, both in caliber and prestige. Therefore, the general perception of these private institutions has been favourable, to say the least.
To the average aspiring engineer fresh out of high school in the city, the private engineering colleges in Chennai represent an exciting prospect. In his or her mind, the checklist would look something like:
– Access to better accreditation for the courses
– Better facilities on-campus for further scope
– No hassles in terms of college administration and logistics
– Higher standard of overall campus life and opportunities
All of these are amenities that every private engineering college can offer to students. Obviously, there is a flip side to this. Like everywhere else in India, private engineering institutions in Chennai are pricier on the education spectrum. However, that price brings immense opportunities with it, and delivers an invaluable experience to students. It’s not to say that one is better than the other. In a nutshell, the benefits that private colleges for engineering offer, only they can offer. Let’s take a closer look at the perks that come with studying in a private engineering school. For argument’s sake, let’s consider Chennai, the Detroit of India.
Private Engineering Colleges in Chennai: The Pros
1. World-class infrastructureSince private colleges have more direct control over their funds, consequently they have free rein over the infrastructure they invest in. VIT, for instance, is an institution that offers world-class engineering education to its students. This is rendered possible partly due to our stellar lab facilities and accreditations. Many private engineering colleges also have dedicated research wings that receive ample funding from their parent institutions.
2. Better Flexibility in College LifestyleYes, the context of this statement is debatable. However, on average, it’s a unanimous fact that private engineering colleges offer a better quality of life on campus for their students. Whether it’s through student clubs, cultural festivals or just industrial visits, private colleges are guaranteed to offer the cream of the crop. This directly ties back to the better infrastructure point mentioned above. Private engineering colleges in Chennai have a unique flair about them.
3. Unique Tie-Ups With Prestigious UniversitiesOne of the biggest draws of any private college in Chennai is the opportunities on offer to branch out. This is a boon especially to those opting for higher studies. Most engineering colleges with ABET accreditation have tie-ups with foreign universities on unique programs. These include Semester Abroad Programs and Dual Degree Programs, provided for the full benefit of the students. This unique value add is a feather in every private engineering college’s cap.
4. Best-in-class Placement OpportunitiesIn Chennai as well as other cities, private engineering colleges are known to get the lion’s share of companies arriving for placement. In fact, some colleges manage to draw in the big tech giants regularly every placement season. Some colleges even manage to net Fortune 500 MNCs! If you’re in a private engineering college in the city, you can rest assured that you’re getting the best placement in engineering college
5. Ever-evolving CurriculumSince private institutions are self-contained, they call the shots on the education they offer. With this advantage in their bag, private engineering colleges regularly keep their lesson plans and curriculum updated based on current developments. Ultimately, this turns out to be a huge trump card for the private college in terms of the standard of education they offer. VIT is no exception to this. Our curriculum is perfectly shaped to offer cutting-edge know-how to every student.
So to sum up, you stand to gain a world of benefit from getting admission into the best private engineering colleges in Chennai. Some perks will be tangible, such as a better campus experience. Yet others offer career-oriented benefits that’ll lend you a perfect launchpad into the professional world. All-in-all, colleges like VIT are the complete package! Comment below what you feel are the best things about private engineering colleges.
FAQs – Advantages Of Choosing Private Engineering Colleges In Chennai
How to choose the best private engineering colleges in Chennai?
– To choose the best private engineering colleges in Chennai, you need to do some groundwork. In order to look for the best, you need to majorly research the curriculum structure, the infrastructure, the scope, and placement opportunities that the college offers.
What is the fee range of a private engineering college in Chennai?
– Fee range of private engineering colleges in Chennai differs as per the courses you enrol in and also depends upon the college you decide to join. You can refer to our website for more details on the fee range of different courses offered.
How to Prepare for Engineering Campus Placements?
– Most engineering colleges in Chennai offer placement opportunities as a part of their course. Best private engineering colleges in Chennai have tie-ups with many major MNCs and IT firms. You need to be open to take up guidance and instructions from your faculties which will help you prepare well for the campus placements.
Which engineering course is best?
– There are various engineering courses that private colleges offer. Every course has a wide array of scope and the best engineering course in whichever course that suits the student best. Most of them choose CSE for the attractive salary package, but there is a multitude of scope and good salary packages that other courses offer as well.
How to get admission to private engineering colleges in Chennai?
– To get admission in a private engineering college in India, you need to have a higher secondary education completion certificate, and that’s more than enough. Then, again to enrol in the best private engineering colleges in Chennai you need to have an aggregate pass percentage of at least 60% and more in HSC and few colleges ask for JEE entrance marks as well.
What is the admission process in private engineering colleges in Chennai?
– The initial process would be to send in the application form along with the HSC pass percentage and other entrance exams like JEE and more. After that, the college would analyse your application among numerous other applicants and call in the applicant for an interview and verification Clearing which, which you will good to get admission in private engineering colleges in Chennai.