Centre for Advanced Data Science
Data is the new Oil; and we are seeing a global demand for Data Driven Engineering. In order to align with this growing trend, the Research Division of Advanced Data Science was formed at VIT Chennai. We intend to bring together a multidisciplinary research team covering a wide spectrum of domains to handle challenging real-life problems. The primary mission of this research division is, to make sense out of data for the benefit of mankind.
VIT Chennai is strategically located close to several Industrial and IT Zones. Almost all manufacturing industries are currently looking for solutions to seamlessly transform from Industry 3.0 to 4.0. The Research Division of Advanced Data Science can support these industries through collaborative teams to identify consultancy projects, student internship projects and research based projects for development of futuristic technologies.
We are interested in International collaboration with academia and industry. We are keen on nurturing and incubating innovative ideas to support indigenous development of technology. We also look forward to working collaboratively with AI based Start-ups.
To pursue pioneering research in data science for industrial and societal progress
- Cutting edge Research: Develop novel statistical, mathematical and algorithmic techniques to create new knowledge in the field.
- Industry-Institute Ecosystem: Formulate and solve challenges through joint research and development activities to promote progress.
- Technology for Community: Translate data-driven strategies into impactful solutions to solve region specific real-world problems.
|202041055915||Water Management Technology: Under Smart City Waste Water Management Using IoT- Based, Machine Learning Technology|
|202141003748||Single tap attendance system using Wi-Fi direct technology|
|202041053736||Vax India Tech : A provident vaccine distribution strategy for India|
|Australia: 2021100091||IUIT- Traffic Control Alert: Intelligent Traffic Control and Alert Using IoT- Based Technology|
|201941042976||V.A.N.I.-Voice Analytics Interface|
|201941042978|| Smart Neck Band for Rehabilitation of Musculoskeletal Disorders|
Ongoing DRDO LSRB Funded Project:
1.Principal Investigator: Dr. Susan Elias
Title: Design and development of a Simulation Model for Predictive Analysis of Load Carriage
Amount : 21 lakhs
Duration : 3 years
Status : Year III
Funded by: LSRD, DRDO, India
2.Principal Investigator: Dr. Radhika Selvamani
Title: Decision Support System for Water Management in India
Amount : 13,600.00 Euros
Duration : 1 year
Status : Year 1
Funded by: Technical University of Munich – TUM Global Incentive Fund
- Gillala Rekha, V.Krishna Reddy, and Amit Kumar Tyagi, “An EMD-Based Undersampling Approach for Handling Class-Imbalanced Data”, International Journal of Intelligent Information and Database Systems, Inderscience, August 2020 Vol.13 No.2/3/4. (SCOPUS).
- Vasantha and Susan Elias, “A Survey on Lung CT Datasets and Research Trends”, Research on Biomedical Engineering, Springer (Accepted in March 2021)
- Nitin Asthana and S. Shridevi, (09.02.2021) “DECRYPTING RSA ENCRYPTION USING QUANTUM ALGORITHM, Advances in Mathematics: Scientific Journal 10 (2021), no.2, 729–742, ISSN: 1857-8365 (printed); 1857-8438 (electronic) https://doi.org/10.37418/amsj.10.2.5
- P V Srimukh and S Shridevi, 2020, Development of Ontology on Crime Investigation process, Journal of Physics: Conference Series, 1716 012053, https://iopscience.iop.org/article/10.1088/1742-6596/1716/1/012053
- U Srinivasa Rao, L Jeganathan, Tessy Mathew, Replication in Two-Dimensional Cellular Automaton with Linear Rules. Journal of Cellular Automata, Volume 15, No.5-6, 2020, pp 377-405 (Impact factor: 0.340)
- Opportunities and Challenges for Blockchain Technology in Autonomous Vehicles, IGI Global, USA, ISBN13: 9781799832959, ISBN10: 1799832953, 2020.
- Multimedia and Sensory Input for Augmented, Mixed, and Virtual Reality” IGI Global, ISBN13: 9781799847038, ISBN10: 1799847039, 2020.
- Data Science and Data Analytics: Opportunities and Challenges, CRC, 2021, ISBN 9780367628826.
- Computational Analysis and Understanding of Deep Learning for Medical Care: Principles, Methods, and Applications, 2020, ISBN: 9781119785729.
- Artificial Intelligence for Cyber Security: Methods, Issues and Possible Horizons or Opportunities, Springer, 2021, ISBN 978-3-030-72236-4
- Artificial Intelligence for Cloud and Edge Computing: Concepts and Paradigms, Springer, 2021, ISBN: 978-3-030-80820-4.
|PhD Scholar Details|
|1||16PHD1075||KORUPALLI V RAJESH KUMAR||Predictive Analysis of Human Musculo-Skeletal Disorders||Dr. Susan Elias||ON GOING|
|2||16PHD1112||RAMA VASANTHA ADIRAJU||A Quantitative analysis of CT with Prognosis in Lung Adenocarcinoma to Estimate Patient Survival||Dr. Susan Elias||ON GOING|
|3||17PHD1042||Sarika Rajendra Khope||Multivariate Predictive Medical Data Visualization for Intricate Clinical Dataset in Critical Care Environment||Dr. Susan Elias||ON GOING|
|4||19PHD1126||Dhivya M||Semantic AI||Dr. S Shridevi||ON GOING|