Wondering What To Study After 12th? Here’s Your Answer!
What after class 12? or What to study after class 12 is a frequently asked question every student has after the 12th results. There are exponential opportunities for students who want to explore several course streams to reach their dream jobs.
For a student, class 12 stands as the threshold to higher education.
Several top-notch diploma courses, degrees or certificate options provide the best career opportunities after the 12th. There is a dilemma regarding career options, job opportunities, degree options and higher education prospects. Different courses available in India from several top universities or colleges enhance a holistic learning experience, and other courses are provided, irrespective of the streams.
Several courses in India and abroad are demanding and require competitive skills to be imbibed by the student. pIn the following blog, we will be listing the top courses that can be pursued after the 12th for Science, Commerce and Arts, along with several professional studies that will offer valuable insights for a student to clear the following questions:
- Should I choose a specified field or later?
- Should I choose a professional course, irrespective of my stream?
- Which course will offer good career prospects?
- What exams should I take, enrol for my interested course or stream?
Tips For Choosing The Right Course?
To help students decide what to study after 12th, we have compiled tips or suggestions for them to follow and pursue their career prospects. Follow the following information before enrolling on any course or examinations. It will offer several valuable insights that will enable you to explore as an individual and achieve your career prospects.
- Deciding the aim: It is vital to determine your drive initially and explore several courses related to your career prospects. Even if you haven’t made any aim, make a goal now, and follow the roadmap to achieve your ambitions. Having a plan will help you shortlist your career options and enable you to choose the right career path.
- Consider your interests, and make a list of your likings. It will enable you to decide and plan your career accordingly. This stage plays a pivotal role in your life, as it will help you achieve several milestones and make you stand out among others.
- Analysis and shortlist again: After shortlisting several career options, analyse the pros and cons of each course and ensure to understand them completely. It will require you to grasp several facts regarding entrance exams, eligibility, admission process, placements or job opportunities, and growth in your career. Check videos of certain professionals who can guide you with the daily routine and make you understand the professional demands.
Let us explore several career opportunities after 12th: Selecting a good career opportunity can be nerve-racking. However, we will make it simple by listing several prospects to help you gain a competitive edge over others. It is required to perform comprehensive research, and analyse several career options, to pursue the best one.
Wondering What To Study After 12th? Here’s Your Answer!
1. Career Options After 12th Science
After class 12, you must take entrance tests for the stream and topic you want to opt for higher studies. Most reputable institutions nowadays that offer a wide range of courses after the 12th grade have embraced the tradition of taking entrance exams.
Therefore, you must assess your potential.
Well, we shall now discuss the career options for someone who has pursued Science with PCM and PCB that are as follows:
Candidates who opt for Biology in Class 11th may be interested in the following prospects:
- Pharmacy, MBBS, BDS. The science stream can be further divided into
- PCM – (Physics – Chemistry – Mathematics)
- PCB – (Physics – Chemistry – Biology )
i) Career Options After Class 12th For PCB Students:
|MBBS- Bachelors of Medicine and Bachelors of Surgery||NEET Exam (PCB Subjects studied in class 12)|
|BHMS- Bachelor of Homeopathy Medicine and Surgery||Basic requirement is qualifying in 10+2 examinations with 50% marks and having PCB subjects in class 12|
|BAMS- Bachelor of Ayurvedic Medicine and Surgery||Passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50- 60% in aggregate, and PCB as a mandatory subject|
|BDS- Bachelor of Dental Surgery||Passed 10+2 with a minimum of 50- 60% in aggregate, and PCB as a mandatory subject|
|BPT: Bachelor of Physiotherapy||Passed 10+2 from a recognised educational board|
|B. Pharm- Bachelor of Pharmacy||Passed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology from recognised educational board|
|B.Sc Genetics||Pursue 50-60% score in higher secondary education examination with PCB as a major subject|
|B.Sc Bioinformatics||Passed 10+2 from a recognised educational board|
|B.Sc Biotechnology ||Studied PBC as the main subject at 10+2 level, with a minimum, combined score of 60% in all three subjects.|
ii). Career Options After Class 12th For PCM Students:
|CAREERS AND COURSES||ELIGIBILITY|
|Engineer||B.Tech/BE degree (Aggregrate salary: Rs3lakhs -10 Lakhs)|
|B.Sc Physics||Graduate 10+2 with aggregate marks of 50-60% with PCBM as compulsory subjects|
|B.Sc Chemistry||10+2 in Science with Chemistry|
|B.Sc Mathematics||Minimum 65% aggregate in class 12 with PCM subjects in the recognised board|
|Pilot||A Pilot license is mandatory. To become a Pilot at the Indian Air Force (IAF), they need to clear the NDA examination.|
|Aircraft Maintenance Engineering||Passed 10+2 with PCM from a recognised education board. A three years engineering diploma in any stream from a recognised university/board.|
|Bachelor of Fashion Technology||12th Pass with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subjects and 50% marks.|
2. Courses after 12th Commerce
Commerce has been one of the popular streams since class 10th. The students learn management and financial practices that help them become people grounded in business acumen. Several options have developed where students can opt for Mathematics, Marketing and Entrepreneurship as additional subjects. Furthermore, the topics which are taught in Commerce stream are Finance, Business Studies, Economics, Accountancy, etc
- BCA: Bachelor of Computer Applications
- BBA: Bachelor of Business administration
- BCom LLB
- BCom Finance
- BCom Accounting and Finance
- Bcom Marketing Management
- BBA in Digital Marketing
- BBI: Bachelor in Banking and Insurance
- BBS: Bachelor of Business Studies
- BFM; Bachelor Of Financial Markets
|Accountant||Rs. 1.3 Lakh to Rs. 5.8 lakh|
|Company Secretary||Rs. 4 lakh to Rs. 20 lakh|
|Investment Banking and Analyst||Rs. 3 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh|
|Tax auditor and consultant||Rs. 2.3 lakh to Rs. 10 lakh|
3. Top Career options in Arts
Gone are the days when art streams were meant for students with low scores. Taking up the Arts stream lets you explore several career options or opportunities that make you stand out among others. Students who complete their higher studies in Arts can still pursue, and prepare for Civil Service Examination, Charted Accountancy and many more. It requires skill and determination to pursue your interests and helps you ahead in your journey.
- Bachelors of Arts
- Bachelors of fine arts (B.F.A)
- Bachelors of Business Administration
- Integrated Law Course (B.A + L.L.B)
- Bachelors of Journalism and Mass Communication
- Bachelor in Fashion Designing
- Bachelor of Hotel Management
- Event Management
- Political Science
- Diploma in Education
- BSc in Design
- Bachelor of Mass Media (BMM)
These are the following courses explained in detail:
i) Integrated Law Course
Students can opt for Integrated law courses as well. If you are looking forward to big things in your career, the law may be the way to go. It’s the most popular option after 12th grade and is considered a classic degree program: Bachelor of Arts & Law. It’s a five-year curriculum which combines education of an arts degree and a law degree. It consists of criminal law, company or corporate law, evidence law, environmental law and civil procedure code (CPC), some subjects taught in the course.
ii) Bachelors of Journalism and Mass Communication
It is a bachelor’s undergraduate degree for three years. The course includes comprehensive concepts related to advertisements, writing, television productions, social media, film studies, media law and event management. It prepares students in the domains of journalism and mass communications. Other career options that students can opt for after journalism can include
- Content writing
- Marketing or social media executives
iii) Bachelor of Hotel Management
It is one of the best career options after the 12th grade. The course covers several topics: tourism, event management, hospitality, and managerial responsibilities. It offers lucrative opportunities to avail different career prospects that are as follows:
- Hotel Manager
- Accommodation Manager
- Meeting & Event Planner
- Food and Service Manager
- Catering officer
- Sales Manager
- Food and Beverage Manager
- Area Retail Manager
- General Manager Hotel
- Human Resource Assistant
iv) Bachelor in Fashion Designing
This four-year Bachelor of Design (B.Des) program introduces students to the elements that pertain specifically to fashion technology, such as pattern making, fashion studies and design management. After completing this course, graduates can work as fashion designers, interior designers or in fashion houses.
|Fashion/ Interior Designer||Rs 2 lakhs- 20 Lakhs|
|Media Manager/ Journalist||Rs 2 lakhs- 19 Lakhs|
|Wildlife Photography||Rs 2.5 lakhs -4 Lakhs|
|Event Management/ Social Media Management||Rs 4 lakhs – Rs 6 lakhs|
4. COURSES TO SYNC PASSION With CAREER
- Content writing/blogging
- Digital Marketing
5. Government Job Opportunities:
Several agricultural courses can help you acquire the government jobs that you are interested in pursuing. It is one of the great options to fetch government jobs.
- BSc in Agricultural Science
- B.Tech in Agricultural Science
- MSc in Agricultural Science
i) The top agricultural Government Job profiles
- Production Manager
- Agricultural Officer
- Food Researcher
- Food Microbiologist
ii) Other job profiles include the following:
- Public Sector bank jobs
- Defense Services
6. Other Diploma courses
We developed this list of shorter-duration, industry-focused diploma programmes following the 12th grade. The courses listed below can be pursued immediately after high school, and entrance is typically based on merit.
- Diploma in Human Resources
- Diploma in Banking
- Diploma in Company Secretaryship
- Diploma in Infrastructure and Construction
- Diploma in Marketing
- Diploma in Interior Designing
- Diploma in Entrepreneurship
- Diploma in Aviation and Hospitality Management
- Diploma in Tourism Management
7. BUSINESS IDEAS AFTER 12th
You can embark on the entrepreneurial journey right from your college days. Here we have come up with some out-of-box start-up ideas that can change the course of history. Are you willing to start your own business with minimal investment?
Business ideas with low investment:
- Ecommerce Business
- Cloud Kitchen
- Personalised handmade items
- Catering services
- Educations courses / Coaching centres
- Music and dance classes
Business ideas with high investment:
- Franchising services
- Fitness Center
- Delivery services
- Food Truck
It’s time to wrap up this article on career options after the 12th. We hope that we were able to provide you with some useful information that will help steer you in the right direction if you’re still unsure about your next step after education. If there’s one thing we want you to take away from this article, doing your research as early as possible is a powerful tool for tackling many of life’s hurdles. In particular, researching which fields have high salaries would give you the upper hand while entering the exciting yet daunting field of art and design.